Current residents, Returning Student Sign-Up is upon us! It’s almost time to choose a room, so make sure you decide where you would like to live for the 2013-2014 school year.
First, decide whether you want to live in North Lake Village (NLV) or West Lake Village (WLV). You can only apply for one of the two areas. If you already live in WLV or NLV, you can choose to stay in your current room, unless you live in building S, T, or apartments 13-24 in Oak. These areas are reserved for special housing next year. You must also select a new room if you currently live in South Village (SoVi), because these areas are reserved for first-time students only.
Once you’ve decided which housing area you’d like to apply for, you need to log into the housing portal to re-apply between February 18-27 to indicate your preference. If you do not update your application in the portal during this time, you will need to apply in the regular housing process and pay the $50 application fee. The next step will be to select a particular room. This will be done completely online, unless you want to live in the Wellness community (in which case you must come to the Central Housing Office to sign up from March 25-29).
- If you are applying for WLV, you will receive a lottery number on Friday, March 1. This number will decide when you are allowed to choose a room. If you want to stay in your same apartment and room in WLV, you will be able to do so March 11-13. Those residents will then be able to pull-in roommates they mutually agree to live with on March 14-15. The lottery will then open on March 18—this means that if you do not decide to stay in your current room, you’ll be able to select any open WLV room, beginning with the first lottery number and going up. If there are more applicants than rooms available for WLV, students who do not get a room will have their applications changed to NLV and will be assigned a lottery number for the selection in that area. If you would like to be placed on the WLV waiting list, you will need to contact the main housing office via email at email@example.com. (Note: if you are on the waiting list, you do not need to sign up for NLV; an application will be created for you).
- If you are applying for NLV, you will receive a lottery number on Friday, March 22. The process for room selection will be the same as in WLV. Students who wish to stay in the same apartment and same room will pick March 25-27 and will then be able to pull-in roommates March 28-29. General room selection will begin with the first lottery number on April 1.
Any student who does not choose the same room or a new room by Friday, April 5 will have their housing agreement canceled. Students may cancel their housing agreements for any reason without penalty until midnight on Friday, April 12. Cancellations must be for approved reasons and will incur a penalty following this date. All assignment letters will be sent to students via their FGCU email on April 5.
There are two special interest housing communities: Wellness and Honors.
If you are interested in Honors, you can squat or choose a room in Honors online. However, if you are interested in the Wellness community, you will not be able to select your room online. You will need to come in to the main housing office, located on the 2nd floor of the Commons Building within North Lake Village, to sign up for a space in Wellness from March 25-29.
Things to keep in mind:
- You may only pull-in roommates who mutually agree to live with you and have applied for your same housing area.
- There is no roommate preference online prior to roommate pull-in, so those wanting to live together will not have identical lottery numbers. The resident with the lowest lottery number may pull-in a resident with any lottery number. You will need to know their Housing Portal screen name and UIN.
- You may not select your same room if it is in SoVi or buildings S, T or apartments 13-24 in Oak in NLV.
- West Lake Village agreements are for Fall, Spring and Summer. North Lake Village agreements are for Fall and Spring.
- When you update your application Feb 18-27, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of that housing area.