All residents not living on campus during the summer will need to check out of housing within 24 hours of their last final exam or by 3pm on Tuesday, May 6, whichever comes first. All graduating seniors must check out by noon on Sunday, May 11.
If you’re living in HN, M, N and you’re staying in the same room for summer housing, you won’t need to check out, but you will need to clean all common areas by Saturday, May 4 to prepare for the arrival of your new roommates. Otherwise, you will transfer to your new room on Saturday, May 10, between 9am and 9pm.
To check out of housing properly, all residents must schedule a checkout time with their RAs at least 24 hours in advance. Sign-up sheets are posted on each RA’s front door. During this scheduled checkout time, residents will meet with their RA in their apartment or suite to complete the room inventory form and return their key. The area should be clean and all personal items should be removed prior to checkout. Residents who fail to either schedule a time, make it to the appointment, or properly clean their areas may be assessed improper checkout fees.
For more information or to find out about subleasing a space in WLV, please see our checkout newsletters below:
- If you’re leaving for the summer, click here
- If you’re living in NLV this summer, click here
- If you’re living in WLV this summer, click here
- WLV Sublease/Re-letting Info
If you want to get rid of your stuff while helping people and the environment, check out our Donation Centers. The Donation Centers will be set up in Eagles’ Landing in NLV and in all SoVi lobbies.
What to donate:
- unopened, non-perishable food items
- tightly closed cleaning supplies
- clothing; furniture
- and electronics (no TVs, please)
As you check out, please feel free to drop any appropriate donations to any of the given Donation Center areas. The Donation Centers will run from April 28 through May 12.
TIPS AND REMINDERS
- Pack a little at a time. You will be happy when you’re not spending 15 straight hours trying to stuff your clothes into boxes before you drive home.
- Forward your mail: To make sure you continue receiving all of your mail, consider filling out an address change form with the U.S. Postal Service prior to check out. While summer residents will still receive mail on campus, all other mail will be returned unless the form is filled out.
- Take your bike: Don’t forget to bring your bike home with you or move it closer to your summer housing assignment.
- NLV summer desk hours start May 12 (Mon-Fri 8am-10pm and 10am-10pm on the weekend).
- Last day of classes: April 28
- Finals: April 30-May 5
- Graduation: May 10