Some very good reasons to support FGCU’s United Way campaign.
Please take a moment out of your day to support United Way of Lee, Hendry, Glades and Okeechobee counties. Our campaign is nearing the Feb. 28 finish line, but we remain short of our $35,000 goal. Here are some of the many reasons to give:
Donations are tax deductible.
- More than 90% of funds collected stay in the local community helping those in need.
- Only 9.7% of all FGCU employees donate to United Way. We’d like to increase our participation and show the community that FGCU cares.
- United Way sponsors FGCU outreach efforts to increase the number of lower-income, first-generation college graduates.
- When you donate to United Way you are feeding the hungry, providing shelter to families and children and providing essential medical care to those who cannot afford it.
- United Way supports more than 85 agencies and 200 programs serving our community, and you can choose which agency receives your donation.
- FGCU is awarding prizes each week of the campaign – and you must donate to qualify!
If you are still undecided about giving to United Way, think about the sense of well-being that comes from helping others. Last year, more than 300,000 members of our community benefited from services supported by United Way.
Please take a moment of your time now to make a donation or set up a payroll deduction on Gulfline. Just $2 per pay period amounts to an annual gift of $52, and every dollar makes a difference! For directions, go to http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/files/UnitedWayDeductionsGulfline2014.pdf
See for yourself the wonderful ways in which you can help by giving!
Video courtesy of United Way Campaign
View this article and other interesting stories involving FGCU (by clicking this link you will be leaving the FGCU site)