- Create an Assignment shell on the Assignments page
- Edit Assignment details
- Enable Turnitin for an Assignment
- Students viewing teacher feedback
- View the Calendar
- Add an event to the Calendar
- Add a personal reminder to my Calendar
- Use the Scheduler
- Use Course Analytics
- View Analytics for a student
- Course Statistics
- Statistics about when students are accessing the course
- Statistics about online interactions with my students
- Statistics about Assignments and submissions
- Available Quiz Statistics
- View the progress of students in Modules
- What is Canvas Commons?
- How do I use Commons?
- How do I preview resources in Commons?
- How do I import and view a Commons resource in Canvas?
- How do I add a thumbnail image to my shared resource?
- What types of content licenses are available in Commons?
- How do I share a resource to Commons?
- How do I share a document, image, video, or audio file to Commons?
- How do I update a resource I previously shared to Commons?
- Change the Course Home Page
- Access Student View
- Course Navigation
- Navigate a Canvas Course
- Canvas Course Design Collections
- Syllabus Guidelines (See Policies and Guidelines)
- States of a Canvas Course
- Publish my course
- Import a Canvas Course export package
- Import Content from another Canvas Course
- Export a Canvas course
- Use the Dashboard
- Add additional communication channels
- How do I customize my Course list
- Set Notification Preferences
- Grades and the Gradebook
- Enter and edit scores in the Gradebook
- Hide and filter students in the Gradebook
- How do I enable a grading scheme for my course?
- Use SpeedGrader
- Evaluate Assignments in SpeedGrader
- Download student annotated files from Speedgrader
- Make a new set of Groups
- Create a student group assignment
- Activate Collaborations in my course?
- Add people to my Collaboration?
- Start a new Google Docs Collaboration?
- Start a new EtherPad Collaboration?
Jing is a free screen casting computer program used to take screen shots or video of the user’s computer screen and upload it to the web to share with others.
Download Jing and Create an Account
- Follow the free download link
- Choose a version for Jing (Windows or Mac)
- Open the jing.exe file you just downloaded
- Click the Run button
- Check the “Accept the fine print” checkbox
- Click the Install button
- Click Yes (“Do you want to allow the following program to install software on this computer?”)
- Click the Finish button
- Complete the “Welcome to Jing” tutorial when it launches; click Play
- Sign up – create a new account
FGCU Tutorial Documents:
- My Media Overview (PDF) This tutorial provides an overview of the My Media area in Canvas.
- Media Gallery Overview (PDF) This tutorial provides an overview of the Media Gallery area in Canvas.
- My Media vs Media Gallery (PDF) Read here to explore the differences between My Media and Media Gallery in Canvas.
- How to Add Media (PDF) This tutorial covers the 5 options for adding media to your course.
- How to Add a YouTube Video (PDF) This tutorial covers instructions on how to link a YouTube video in Kaltura
- How to Download a Copy of your Media (PDF) This tutorial explains how to enable a downloading link for viewers of the media you’ve uploaded or created in CaptureSpace.
- How to Embed a Video in an Assignment (PDF) This tutorial covers instructions on how to embed a video within the Rich Content Editor section of an Assignment.
- How to Edit Captions (PDF) Learn how to edit the automatically generated captions in your videos.
- Kaltura Media Collaboration (PDF) This tutorial covers instructions on how to add another Canvas user as Co-Editor and/or Co-Publisher of your media.
- How to Locate Co-Editor and Co-Publisher Media (PDF) This tutorial covers instructions on how to locate media when you’ve been added as Co-Editor and/or Co-Publisher by another Canvas user.
- Creating and Working with Interactive Video Quizzes (PDF) This tutorial reviews the Interactive Video Quiz feature, which allows you to add quiz questions to any video you upload.
- Linking Your Interactive Video Quiz to Canvas Gradebook (PDF) Review this tutorial to learn how to link your Interactive Video Quiz to Canvas Assignments and Grades.
- Copying a Kaltura Video Quiz (PDF) Instructions on how to copy an existing Kaltura video quiz for a new course.
- How to Publish Media from Media Gallery (PDF) Instructions on how to publish media you have created or uploaded under My Media to allow students to access the videos.
- How to Publish Media from My Media (PDF) Instructions on how to publish media you have created or uploaded under My Media to allow students to access the videos under the Media Gallery link.
- Kaltura Capture: Getting Started
- Kaltura Capture: Download for Mac Users
- Kaltura Capture: Download for Windows Users
- Kaltura Capture: Manage Settings
- Kaltura Capture: Screen Recording
- Kaltura Capture: Screen & Webcam
- Kaltura Capture: Voice Recorder & Editing your Media
Embedding Kaltura Media in Canvas:
- How to Embed a Video onto a Page
- How to add a Kaltura Media into a Module
- How to Publish Kaltura Media to a Media Gallery
- How to Embed Kaltura Media in a Canvas Quiz Question
- How to Embed Kaltura Media in a Canvas Discussion or Assignment
The New Kaltura Editor:
- Getting Started with the Kaltura Editor
- How to Launch the Kaltura Editor
- How to Trim or Clip Media
- How to Create a Quiz Using the Kaltura Editor
Kaltura LTI Overview Guides:
Kaltura User Guides (Website)
- Interacting with Media
- Uploading Media
- Recording from Webcam
- Uploading a Video from YouTube
- Recording Your Screen
- Managing Your Media
- Managing a Media Gallery
- Course Playlists
- Viewing Media Gallery Analytics
- Embedding Kaltura Media
Kaltura CaptureSpace User Guides:
The Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder enables easy recording in class, at home, or on-the-go with automated publishing and interactive viewing within the Learning Management System (LMS) or in Kaltura’s MediaSpace video portal. CaptureSpace enables you to create multi-stream recordings using a vast array of recording devices such as integrated webcams or a professional USB/HDMI connected video camera. You can automatically capture video, audio, and screen in parallel. CaptureSpace can record up to four video streams simultaneously. You can also record presentations or capture the screen. With advanced features like live drawing and editing, you can enhance the viewer’s experience.
Key capabilities include multi-source capturing, integration with third-party lecture capture products (leveraging the new Open Capture Standard), interactive viewing, and seamless integration with all leading LMS platforms. Learn about system requirements and supported MS Office versions for Kaltura CaptureSpace at http://tinyurl.com/hrgsfsq.
- Different types of Quizzes
- Available options for Quizzes
- Give Students extra time or extra attempts in Quizzes
- Create a Survey
- View Survey results
Respondus 4.0 Test Generator:
Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Canvas. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment.
Visit Respondus for more details.
For access to Respondus 4.0 Test Generator, please submit our Respondus Request Form.
Respondus LockDown Browswer (RLDB):
LockDown Browser® is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Canvas.When students use LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading. Available for Windows, Mac and iOS.
- Integrates with Canvas
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Assessments cannot be exited until submitted by users for grading
- Task switching or access to other applications is prevented
- Print, Print Screen and capturing functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to and from an assessment is prohibited
- Screen capture, messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machine, and network monitoring applications are blocked from running
- Right-click menu options and function keys are disabled
- Browser menu and toolbar options are disabled, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
Instructor Quick Start Guide – Canvas Edition
Respondus Monitor is a companion application that integrates webcam technology with LockDown Browser. Together they address the core issues of student identity and cheating, creating an essential layer of security for non-proctored assessments.
IMPORTANT: Your decision to use Respondus Monitor must be made prior to when registration begins for the term in which your course(s) is being offered.
For access to more detailed information on how to get started please submit our Respondus Request Form.
Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor Guidelines for Instructors: Instructor Quick Start Guide – Canvas Edition
- Creating a Turnitin LTI Assignment in Canvas
- Creating a Turnitin LTI Assignment with a Canvas Rubric
- How to change Turnitin settings for an Assignment
- Feedback Studio – Student Guide