The Office of Adaptive Service and Web, eLearning and Publications will host a two-part webinar series Tuesday, October 14 & Thursday, October 16 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m (Go to the Workshop Registration form.) The webinar series will focus on the Americans with Disabilities Act requirements, technology use, and Universal Design.
Part one – Cori Bright-Kerrigan, Director of Adaptive Services and University ADA Coordinator leads the discussion on FGCU’s Office of Adaptive Services, including:
- FGCU’s Adaptive Services office’s services and staff
- how and when to make different kinds of accommodations for students
- information about policies and resources relating to Adaptive Services
For more information about adaptive service for your students or classroom, contact the Office of Adaptive Services, located in Howard Hall, at 239-590-7956, e-mail at email@example.com, fax 239-590-7975 or TTY 239-590-7930.
Fall 2014 office hours are Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The office will be closed when the university is closed.
Part two focuses on how to appropriately adapt technology for use by students with disabilities, including:
- organizing course materials in consistent and logical manner
- developing course content that meets unique learning styles
- selecting appropriate content and formats for ADA compliance
If you have any questions about adapting technology for use by students with disabilities, please contact Christopher Jordanek at firstname.lastname@example.org or (239) 590-7084, Elspeth McCulloch at email@example.com (239) 590-7082 or Heather Tate at firstname.lastname@example.org or (239) 745-4282.