Information provided by Brent, Account Manager at Gartner
What does your company do? We are the leader in our field, researching and advising global clients in 90 countries on business technology. We’ve been in business since 1979, have 7,600+ associates worldwide, are publicly traded (NYSE: IT), and growing by double digits.
What are a few of the best reasons to work for your company?
- You work with C-level executives from well-known multinational companies on how to best utilize technology to differentiate their business. Where else can you do that?
- You not only sell a product, you partner with these organizations to drive true business change. You build relationships with clients that will transform your career.
- The people here are amazing. Highly motivated, focused and helpful. But we have a ton of fun here too!
What positions are available at Gartner?
$14.00 per hour X 40 hours per week
Opportunity for $1,500 sales bonus
2-week professional development training
Full-time Account Management jobs may be offered to high-performing interns (Over 80% received job offers in summer 2015)
Gartner SMB Account Manager (Full-Time Sales)
Looking for performance-driven students with excellent communication skills!
Target Income of $60,000+ (base + commission)
29 paid days off annually
8-week professional development training academy
Gartner Client Partner (Full-Time Client Services)
Looking for customer focused students who have a passion for client satisfaction!
Target income of $54,000+ (base + commission)
29 paid days off annually
4-week professional development training academy
Positions are based in Ft. Myers, Florida; successful associates have growth opportunities in more than 100 offices globally.
- Great drive, excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn
- The ability to connect with CEOs/CIOs/CMOs/CFOs of major global corporations to see how Gartner can help them achieve their goals
- No IT background or specific major required
For more information or to apply, please email Jared Hoffmann, Campus Recruiter, at email@example.com.
What should a student do to get an interview?
- Fine-tune your resume for the position you want. Review your experience and craft it in a way that indicates what will make you successful at your job.
- Find someone who works at Gartner and have them refer you. Everyone’s looking to refer great talent!
- Another option is to submit online.
- It’s all about how you position yourself. Be curious, but also show you have done your homework on Gartner and what we do. Show you are passionate and detail what drives you to work harder than your peers.
What can a candidate do to impress you during the interview?
- Ask intelligent questions about the business —how is Gartner positioned in the marketplace, what are the business goals, what are the CEO’s top priorities and how does the role you are applying for relate to these questions.
- Research, research, research!
- Talk to Gartner clients (people you know at tech companies will know who we are). Find out where they use Gartner and the value they get.
- Ask what success looks like, and what makes someone successful in the role. Then demonstrate your experience and how it is similar.
Any unique tips or words of wisdom?
- Be yourself. It’s all about showing how you will utilize what drives you and your own personal style to be able to work with your client base. Everyone has their own style, so be comfortable and master it for your success.
- You can relate your accomplishments to any role as long as you understand the responsibilities of the role, i.e., being a recruitment chair for a campus club/organization you managed a budget and were actively selling your organization. For example, “I was able to grow our recruitment class by 25%, or budget increase by $2,000 due to the number of new active members we recruited.”