Information provided by notification sent to students on October 18, 2013 from FGCU Student Affairs:
As we prepare for the upcoming 2013-14 Men’s Basketball season, we are asking for your assistance in helping to make the events successful. The support for the basketball program has grown greatly since last spring’s wins leading to the Sweet Sixteen. We are expecting attendance in excess of 3500 fans for every home game. Given these attendance numbers, parking will be over capacity in the areas around Alico Arena. Therefore, we are instituting some new policies in order to meet this demand. Please review the information below carefully.
All vehicles must be removed from the Game Day Lots three hours before tip-off. Due to these changes, the Recreation Center & Aquatics Center will have the following adjusted hours. This will allow our patrons and staff to exit the Game Day Parking area prior to the event.
|Date||Opponent||Game Time||Adjusted Hours|
|Tuesday, November 12||Hartford (ESPN2)||7:00 AM||Open at 10:00 am|
|Monday, November 18||Eckerd||7:05 PM||Close at 4:00 pm|
|Saturday, November 23||Ave Maria||7:05 PM||Close at 4:00 pm|
|Sunday, December 1||Iona||2:05 PM||Closed|
|Saturday, December 14||Samford||1:05 PM||Closed|
|Thursday, January 16||USC Upstate||7:05 PM||Close at 4:00 pm|
|Saturday, January 18||ETSU||7:35 PM||Close at 4:00 pm|
|Friday, January 31||Stetson||7:05 PM||Close at 4:00 pm|
|Thursday, February 6||Jacksonville||7:05 PM||Close at 4:00 pm|
|Saturday, February 8||UNF (Alumni Wknd)||7:05 PM||Close at 4:00 pm|
|Friday, February 21||Mercer (ESPNU)||6:05 PM||Close at 3:00 pm|
|Sunday, February 23||Kennesaw State||1:35 PM||Open at 3:00 pm|
Game Day Parking Plan: All lots east of the road leading to the Waterfront and the Auxiliary lot will need to be empty three (3) hours prior to game time. This includes the lots on both sides of the tennis courts, in front of North Lake Village (NLV) housing buildings Falcon, Egret, Pelican and Sandpiper, and the Auxiliary lot (across the street from Oak Hall). Residents who need to move their cars will be able to park in other locations within North Lake Village or in Garage # I and Lot #8 on game days. Vehicles not removed from the closed lots will be subject to ticketing.
• For most weekend games, there should be plenty of empty spaces between NLV buildings L & T . Residents in the closed lots should move their vehicle west of the Waterfront road at least three (3) hours before game time. If you are leaving for the weekend and leaving your car, move the vehicle out of the Game Day Parking lots prior to leaving.
• For mid-week games, there will likely be some open parking between NLV buildings L & T . Additional parking is allowed for the impacted NLV residents in Garage # I and Lot #8 on game days.
• The Game Day Parking plan will not be utilized during winter break.
We encourage students to attend the games and show support for the Eagles. For SoVi residents and commuter students, we have two requests:
• If possible, park in the garages or lots on the University’s academic core and walk to Alico Arena. This will reduce the amount of traffic to the Arena and allow us to maximize the Arena parking.
• If driving to the Arena lots, please carpool. By having 3+ people per car, this will greatly reduce the number of vehicles coming to the Arena.