Why walk when you could bike? Our Pedal Power Bike Share program through Outdoor Pursuits lends students a bike for up to a week at no cost! Give your feet a break and visit our website or stop by the Waterfront building to rent your free bike today!
The Pedal Power Bike program is a bike share system in place to decrease traffic congestion, limit carbon emissions and encourage health and physical exercise at FGCU and the surrounding community. The Pedal Power program is FGCU’s commitment to incorporate these initiatives into campus life.
How to rent a bike and equipment (FREE!):
- Come to the Outdoor Pursuits Office (in the Waterfront Building) and bring your Eagle ID.
You may want to call the front desk staff at 239-590-1871 to check for bike availability.
- Sign the Liability and Agreement Form.
- Present your Eagle ID and the equipment will then be checked out to you.
- Take your bike and enjoy for up to 7 days!
How to return your bike and equipment:
- ALL rented gear should be returned to the Waterfront Building on or before your 7th rental day
- Return gear during office hours (12pm-5pm).
- If you would like to check out a bike for another week, an OP staff member will inspect your bike to make sure it is in good condition. If an OP staff member is not available, you may check out a different bike if one is available. We recommend that you set up a bike check-up if you wish to keep the same bike.
Things to remember:
- Late Charges
Late returns will be assessed a $10 late fee per day. All bike accessories (helmet, lock, key, lights, etc.) will be assessed a $1 late fee per day. If bikes and/or accessories are not returned within 10 days of due date, the item will be deemed lost (see below).
Allow 5-10 minutes for items to be inspected upon return. Gear must be returned clean and in good working order. Renter may be held responsible for costs associated with all repair work needed (outside normal wear and tear). Fees will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Theft and Lost
Renters are responsible for the loss or theft of rented equipment and its replacement cost. Additionally, if equipment is not returned within 10 days of due date, the renter will be charged the replacement cost.